Another Wild Saturday Night
Saturday, July 20, 6:00 to 9:30 p.m.
Click the links below to view all silent and live auction items available.
- STREE-RIKE 3! Make your call from behind home plate at Fenway Park. Section 24, Row 3, seats 1 and 2 beckon you to watch the Sox and Seattle slug it out on August 1, 2013.
Value $100; Buy It Now $200
Donated by Ehlers Management Group
- HIT THE SLOPES with two adult lift passes to Loon Mountain. Good anytime until April 1, 2014, except holidays.
Value $158; Buy It Now $200
Donated by Ehlers Management Group
- SNOW FLIES often in New Hampshire so head out anytime to Waterville Valley with two one-day passes, plus two one-hour private lessons courtesy of Pam Gould.
Value $326; Buy It Now $500
- SPLISH SPLASH at the White Mountain Athletic Club. Or maybe you would like to work out to keep your slim, trim figure or develop those washboard abs. Any way you look at it, the 10 daily admission passes are sure to help you along.
Value $150; Buy It Now $250
- LAND O’ LAKES in New Hampshire, Newfound to be more specific. Thanks to West Shore Marine for a one-day boat rental for a fun day on the water.
Value $225; Buy It Now $350
- NOT YOGI BEAR, but yoga, a wonderful way to relax and exercise at the same time. Lori Card is offering a unique lesson for two called stand-up paddle board yoga. Wear your bathing suit or water clothing and arrange a date and location with your certified instructor.
Value $90; Buy It Now $150
- SAY A-A-AH as you decide how you want to relax with your one hour gift certificate to Ancient Willow Massage and leave feeling pampered.
Value $60; Buy It Now $100
- PICTURE YOURSELF on the podium wearing an official U. S. Ski Team event hat and Spyder Chrono down jacket complete with sponsor logos. Women’s XL (runs small) in turquoise.
Value $399; Buy It Now $500
Donated by Eric Webster
- A LAZY CRAZY DAY OF SUMMER can be yours with this pontoon boat rental with a 25 HP motor from Asquam Marina of Holderness Harbor. Offer expires on October 1, 2013 and gas is not included.
Value $200; Buy It Now $300
- SWING LIKE A PRO with two one-hour or four half-hour lessons with the Bald Peak Colony Club golf pro. This offer is good for either the 2013 or 2014 seasons. Contact Nancy and Paul Beck for details.
Value $200 (minimum bid $150); Buy It Now $400
- CRICK IN YOUR NECK? Aching Back? Let Todd Mosenthal, a certified Doctor of Chiroropractic and principal of Mosenthal Spine and Sport, tend to you with an evaluation and three treatments utilizing dry needle therapy.
Value $125; Buy It Now $200
- SOLD - A FINE ROMANCE awaits you as you cozy up for a one-night stay in a fireplace room at Adair Country Inn & Restaurant located on 200 acres in the majestic White Mountains in Bethlehem, NH. Package includes a two-course dinner for two in the restaurant, a full sumptuous breakfast, and afternoon tea. Blackout dates are the foliage season and major holiday weekends. Expires 1/22/2014.
Value $311; Buy It Now $375 SOLD
- SUMMER NIGHT for two at the Inn on Newfound Lake includes a continental breakfast. Combine with a one-day canoe or kayak rental, courtesy of NH Audubon for an idyllic getaway. Based on the Inn’s availability and not valid on Monday or Tuesday.
Value $215; Buy It Now $300
- BE THE HOSTESS with the mostest (or host with the most). Allow Curt’s Caterers to prepare an Hors d’oeurves party for 12 guests in your home. All you have to do is send the invitations and provide the wine!
Value $400; Buy It Now $500
- MOUNTAIN GREENERY or snow-capped peaks await your mid-week overnight stay at the Valley Inn in Waterville Valley. Come in the summer and enjoy golf, tennis, and hiking. Alpine and Nordic skiing are available in the winter. Walk to Town Square and enjoy a great meal at one of the restaurants. The possibilities are many. Redeem by June 30, 2014.
Value $125; Buy It Now $175
- WAY OFF BROADWAY but nonetheless great summer theater. This package includes two vouchers for one of the remaining 2013 plays at the Winnipesaukee Playhouse and two vouchers for orchestra seats at one of the remaining six 2013 season plays at the Barnstormers Theater in Tamworth, NH.
Value $112; Buy It Now $150
- THESPIAN’S DELIGHT. The Seacoast Repertory Theater in Portsmouth, NH is offering two tickets to any 2013 Main Stage performance. Come early and stroll around this historic town with its great restaurants, shops, and seaside atmosphere.
Value $80; Buy It Now $100
- YE OLD ALE HOUSE – Inn, that is. Come to the Ale House Inn in Portsmouth, NH for a one-night midweek, off-season stay in a standard queen room. The ultimate location for those seeking a unique blend of history, style, and comfort without the crowds. Portsmouth dresses up for the winter holidays. Available Sunday through Thursday nights from November 1, 2013 through April 15, 2014.
Value $150; Buy It Now $200
- UP CLOSE AND PERSONAL with Squam Lakes Natural Science Center. Arrange for your family and friends to enjoy an exclusive, private adventure with a naturalist. Select a program created especially to educate and entertain your group such as a winter showshoe tour, a bird watching excursion, a hike on Five Finger Point, or a star gazing program. Two hours.
Value $200; Buy It Now $350
- AN OENOPHILE’S DELIGHT describes this offering from Todd Elgin of a bottle of 2003 Ducru Beaucaillou Bordeaux from St. Julien. With a Wine advocate rating of 94 it is truly special. Best consumed between 2015 and 2025, it should be stored in a cool place without wide temperature swings.
Value $150.00; Buy It Now $300
20a. FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY with four all-inclusive passes to Story Land, a favorite White Mountain attraction for kids and adults alike. Enjoy rides, shows and attractions. Valid through October 14, 2013.
Value $120; Buy It Now $200
- SUNRISE, SUNSET. An original oil painting entitled “Sunset on Squam" by artist Marcia Zahr will provide visual enjoyment for you for years to come.
Value $450; Buy It Now $800
- SOLD - IAIN’S PASSION is ospreys. Martha Billings has created a 17" square stained glass osprey using the copper foil technique so you can share the passion in your own home. Most of Martha’s stained glass has been commissioned for private dwellings.
Value $400; Buy It Now $600 - SOLD
- BLACK THUMBS will love to buy a Plant ‘N Grow package from Moulton Farm, Garden Center & Farm Market. A detailed plan for a 400 square foot garden will be customized on your prepared property. Includes soil testing from UNH, seed, fertilizer, lime, plants, and succession plantings as well as ongoing support and advice. Great for those who don’t understand gardening and have 400 square feet to put to work.
Value $160; Buy It Now $300
- THE FOCUS IS ON ORGANIC with a “Learn Organic Farming Firsthand” package also from Moulton Farm. Spend a day working at the Farm either in August or September of 2013 and go home with two bushels of freshly picked produce.
Value $150; Buy It Now $300
- WINDOWS, WOODWORK, waxing, etc. Sit back and let someone else do the work. Axiom Cleaning Services is donating a gift certificate allowing you free time to pursue whatever you want.
Value $150; Buy It Now $250
- A MAKEOVER for a room in your house by Marilyn Richards, owner of Designing Women Interiors. A one hour design consultation for a home in the Lakes Region.
Value $150; Buy It Now $250
- A TREATMENT for your room window. Rod Ladman Window Design will provide half off any single Hunter Douglas window treatment with a retail value of up to $5,000.
Value up to $2,500
- PUT ON THE RITZ by choosing a fabric and going to Sandie Graham, owner of New Directions Upholstery, who will upholster or slipcover a chair, love seat, or couch.
Value up to $325
- A TISKET, A TASKET, a lovely picnic basket provided by Dawn Heiderer who owns Design Inspiration, Inc. Includes everything needed for a feast for four.
Value $50; Buy It Now $100
- SUNRISE SUNSET REPRISE. This time the sunrise. A hand-woven Nantucket Landscape Basket created by Master Basket weaver and League of New Hampshire Craftsman, juried artist Liz Lapham of the Basket Studio. Created in the traditional Nantucket style, constructed on a mold with an oak wooden base, but with the non-traditional addition of a woven tapestry landscape of waxed linen, incorporating sea grass and birch in the body and rims.
Value $250 (minimum bid $125); Buy It Now $500
- PICTURE PERFECT. Award-winning Moultonborough artist Estelle Smith will complete a pencil rendering of your grandchild or other family member. An associate member of the National Water Color Society and League of New Hampshire Craftsmen, Estelle will work closely with you to create a memorable portrait to cherish for generations to come. Mat and frame not included.
Value $500 (minimum bid $350); Buy It Now $600
- GOT SPACE? On a wall that is. Photographic artist Bonnie Edwards is donating a panoramic photo, "Sunrise on the Lake" mounted on wood. Black edging, bleed (no border). The process gives the image a long archival life. Easy to clean and resistant to UV damage.
Value $175; Buy It Now $250
- MAKE A WISH and put it into the lid. Steve Hayden’s energy and passion for creation comes through in each hand-crafted piece he produces. The copper glazed Raku-fired “Wishing Vessel” is one example of his true coalescence of form, function, and art that will enhance your home for years.
Value $75; Buy It Now $150
- I THINK THAT I SHALL NEVER SEE a poem as lovely as a tree. Keep your trees lovely with the gift certificate from Donovan Tree Experts. Services include deep root fertilizing, support cabling, tree removal, air spade work and stump removal. Property must be with 30 minutes of the Science Center. Purchase of trees/shrubs not included.
Value $750; Buy It Now $1,000
- PROBLEMS TO SOLUTIONS. Tree Solutions says it all. The gift certificate includes insect and disease control, soil decompaction, tree pruning, pre and post construction consultations, tick management. Property must be within 30 minutes of the Science Center.
Value $500; Buy It Now $750
- SAILING, SAILING on Winnipesaukee by New England artist Julie Haskell. “Evening Sail” is a 20” x 15” print, matted and framed to 27 1/2 x 22 inches.
Value $200; Buy It Now $300
Donated by Innisfree Bookshop
- ENJOY CANDLELIGHT’S WARMTH with this pair of wrought iron candlesticks from Winnipesaukee Forge owner Dave Little a long time friend of and former staff member at the Science Center.
Value $100; Buy It Now $200
- RING AROUND THE NECK, not the collar. Lady of the Lake is donating a crystal necklace, earring set, and ever present accessory, a neck scarf.
Value $68; Buy It Now $100
- GARDEN ART is all the rage these days and this large, hand sculpted, garden turtle from Oglethorpe Fine Arts and Crafts will really add a nice touch to your landscape.
Value $70; Buy It Now $125
- MISS MUFFETT sat on a tuffet, but today’s child can sit on this hand-painted wood footstool with a lift-up lid for storage. Betsy Baker, the artist, will personalize the child’s name on the riser.
Value $125; Buy It Now $250
- SOLD - GOLDEN POND treasure! Offered by Liz and Dan Rowe, this signed, typewritten framed letter from Katharine Hepburn references Squam Lake. Accompanying the letter is a certificate of authenticity. Included is a photograph from the film. A collector’s keepsake!
Value $350 (minimum bid $200); Buy It Now $600 SOLD
- HOW DOES YOUR GARDEN GROW? In containers? Bruce Whitmore has fashioned a lovely, large wooden planter, made from western red cedar that would enhance any location in your yard. It is begging you to put in the flowers!
Value $100 (minimum bid $80); Buy It Now $200
- SOLD - ENJOY THE VIEW from your favorite spot when you settle down on this handcrafted five-foot wooden bench handcrafted by Dennis Hager.
Value $75 (minimum bid $50); Buy It Now $150 SOLD
- LADIES, PAMPER YOURSELVES. Tish’s Nail Care Boutique offers both a manicure and a pedicure so you can show off hands and feet this summer.
Value $60; Buy It Now $100
- HANG IT UP wherever you can find a showcase space that would set off the beauty of this unique “Squam Season” tapestry. Sarah Warren wove this piece using hand-dyed wool.
Value $200 (minimum bid $175); Buy It Now $350
- YOU CAN CANOE in vintage style with these two wooden canoe chairs with caned seats and backrests.
Value $200 for both; Buy It Now $300
- This LITTLE BLACK DRESS from Sunlight of Paris is perfect for any occasion. Made from an exclusive fabric that does not wrinkle, this lovely design, donated by Wholly Tara in Ashland, has beautiful laser cut detail on top. Size medium but can be exchanged for your perfect fit.
Value $279; Buy It Now $350
- BIRDS OF NEW HAMPSHIRE roost in this original block print, “Not So Blue” by Alma E. Grand. Framed to 21” x 29”.
Value $200 (minimum bid $100); Buy It Now $300
Donated by Lisa Lovett
All silent auction items are available for immediate purchase with Buy It Now, online using the form below, by phone, or on the day of the event.
- TWO FOR TWO. Two night stay at either the Birch or Boat House Lodge, Mill Falls at the Lake on Meredith Bay. Also included is a $50 dinner voucher to Lakehouse, Camp or Lago restaurants, Good Sunday through Thursday evenings; not available in July, August, or October, or during holiday special event periods.
Donated by NH Hospitality Holdings and The Common Man
- GUESS WHO’S COMING TO DINNER. Eight guests will be treated to a gourmet dinner with wine, prepared by locally renowned chef Franz Dubach and hosted by Marcia Zahr at her award winning Adirondack style home on the shores of Squam Lake with a spectacular view of Red Hill. It promises to be a memorable evening on Golden Pond!
Donated by Franz Dubach and Marcia Zahr
- TAG! THE OSPREY’S IT. Join Executive Director Iain MacLeod for a unique chance to participate in a research and education project focused on tracking the international migrations of nesting ospreys. You will accompany Iain, who has studied ospreys for over 30 years and leads this project in NH, and Dr. Richard O. Bierregaard, a distinguished visiting research professor at the department of Biology at the University of North Carolina, to a nesting site in NH where a lightweight, solar powered satellite transmitter will be attached to the back of a juvenile Osprey to allow for near real-time tracking of these birds as they migrate from their nests in NH to South America and back. You can watch the whole trapping operation, handle the young Osprey and watch the careful attachment of the backpack harness. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Donated by Squam Lakes Natural Science Center
- LAID BACK OR EXCITING. Your choice. Begin your afternoon for up to four guests on a 21’ Chaparral Super Sport bowrider/ski boat. Assorted beverages and snacks during the day, with a gourmet wine and hors d’oeuvres session on the lake at the end of the 1 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. day. Your choice is either Historic Squam or Watersports @ Squam:
Historic Squam 1780-1980: 200 years on the Squam Lakes begins and ends at the historic covered bridge that spans the Squam River. Throughout the tour, you will see and experience important sites in the rich history of the Squam Lakes from early visitors to the making of the film “On Golden Pond.” If you are feeling more adventurous begin
Watersports @ Squam: with water-skiing, then leap off the locally famous jumping rock in Rattlesnake Cove (a must do). Crystal-clear water (up to 6 or 7 meters) encourages snorkeling and comradeship with the abundant finny friends beneath the surface of this remarkable lake. Available July 21, 2013 through August 21, 2014.
Value $2,000 (minimum bid $1,500)
Donated by John Fernandes and Susan McKimens
- GOURMET’S DELIGHT describes the Lobster Savannah dinner for eight prepared by its creator, Ray Anderson and served at an Adirondack style lakeside home on Squam with a view of Red Hill. Ray is famous for creating the recipe and was featured several times on Boston TV. Another memorable evening to enjoy.
Donated by Ray Anderson, Marcia Zahr, Laurie Beeson, Peggy Conver, Lea Stewart and Bruce Whitmore.
- COME FLY WITH ME to Tuscany for a seven night stay for four in the charming Tuscan village of Manciano at one of several properties in walking distance of local cafes and shops. Enjoy gelato, cappuccino, and the beautiful Tuscan countryside. Villa Zolira is a vintage style property with two bedrooms, two baths, living room and kitchen; Casa Natalia and Casa Bambino are both new properties, each with two bedrooms, two baths and a living room/kitchen combo. Casa Giovanna has two bedrooms, one bath and a living room/kitchen. Mira Bella offers three bedrooms and two baths and magnificent views of countryside. All are subject to availability. Trips are scheduled either Saturday to Saturday or Friday to Friday depending on the unit selected. Manciano is an easy 1 ½ hours by car from the Rome airport and is in close proximity to Siena and Florence. More details a: www.tuscanresort.com
Value $4,500 (minimum bid $2,500)
Provided by Leone Hinzman
Can’t attend but want to bid on an item in the Live Auction?
If you are not able to attend Another Wild Saturday Night, you may still participate in the Live Auction by placing a maximum bid for any of the Live Auction items by 5:00 p.m. on July 19, 2013*. You may bid by authorizing one of our trained volunteers to be your proxy. The volunteer will bid in pre-established increments on your behalf, until you are either the highest (winning) bidder on an item, or until the bidding has exceeded your maximum bid and another bidder wins.
Here’s how it works.
- Let’s assume you want to bid on the Osprey Tagging Adventure, valued at $1,000.
- The Auctioneer opens the bidding at $500 and receives a bid at that level.
- If your bidding maximum is $1,200, the first bid made by your proxy on your behalf would be $550 (see bidding increments below).
- If the bidding continues beyond $1,200, your proxy will stop bidding and the highest bid will win.
- If the highest competing bid is $1,000, you will win the Osprey Tagging Adventure for $1,100 which is one increment ($100) above the competing bid, but below your maximum of $1,200.
Bidding will proceed in the following increments:
Bidding Level Increment
$100 to $500 $ 20
$501 to $1,000 $ 50
$1,001 up $100
*Pre-bids for any of the Live Auction items will be accepted up until the end of business on the day before the event, which is 5:00 pm on Friday, July 19, 2013. All bidders must register, provide contact information, including an e-mail address, telephone number, and credit card information. Bidders will be notified of successful bids within 24 hours of the auction closing time by e-mail or telephone.