Inspirational moments happen here every day. Whether absorbed in a hands-on exhibit, or fascinated by native wildlife, or learning in a program, this is where you – along with countless others – come to explore, experience, understand, and appreciate our natural world.
Your help is needed to make these inspirational moments possible. Please give to our Annual Fund to help:
- feed and care for the 105 live wild animal ambassadors (of 57 species) you see on the exhibit trail and in educational programs
- teach ecological concepts to students and teachers from across New Hampshire through a variety of indoor live animal and active outdoor programs
- strengthen volunteer programs for adults and teens who serve as docents, education assistants, in Kirkwood Gardens, and in many other ways
- keep beautiful Kirkwood Gardens growing and blooming
- teach lake ecology and show loons, bald eagles, and stunning scenery to over 10,000 visitors touring Squam Lake
- bring almost 61,000 people nearer to nature on the live animal exhibit trail
- inspire the next generation to become stewards of the natural world through Blue Heron School, our nature-based Montessori early learning center
Please make an Annual Fund donation this year to keep important and inspirational moments happening here.
With sincere thanks and appreciation,
If you want to honor or remember someone with a gift, see the Tribute Gift page for details.
You can also make a recurring gift to the Annual Fund. This is a way for you to make a larger gift, spread throughout the year through monthly or quarterly donations. It is convenient for you and provides dependable support for Squam Lakes Natural Science Center. Your donation will be billed to your credit card and automatically renew each year. Once a year, we will send you a record of your giving history for tax purposes and give you an opportunity to update your pledge amount and account information. Of course, you can change or cancel your payments at any time although there is a minimum donation of $10 per donation and a 30-day notice to cancel your authorization. Recurring credit card deductions are a simple way to make a stretch gift to the Annual Fund that feels easy. Fill out this form once and we will do the rest. You can choose monthly or quarterly tax-deductible contributions to support general operations.
The IRS and the State of New Hampshire recognize Squam Lakes Natural Science Center as a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization. Our federal tax identification number is 02-0271824. Unrestricted contributions are tax deductible to the extent the law allows. Donors to the Annual Fund will be listed in the Annual Report unless requested otherwise.
Gifts will be listed in the following categories:
Benefactor $10,000 and above
Leader $5,000 - 9,999
Partner $2,500 - 4,999
Patron $1,000 - 2,499
Associate $500 - 999
Sponsor $250 - 499
Supporter $100 - 249
Colleague Up to $99
For more information about Annual Fund Gifts please contact Janet Robertson, Development and Communications Director at 603-968-7194 x 12 or Janet.Robertson@nhnature.org.