We think the Science Center is a pretty special place. . . we hope you do too.
That’s because we need your help before the end of 2014. Your gift to our Annual Fund is vital to keep this special place going and growing. This year’s Annual Fund goal is $320,000 (a 10% increase over last year) and your donation, large or small, is much needed and much appreciated.
Annual Fund contributions help make the following possible:
- 15,000 school children and teachers from across the state enhance their classroom curriculum through our natural science programs
- 80 meals are prepared 365 days per year for our live animals – totaling over 10,500 pounds of food
- Expert speakers share the latest in conservation research and natural science
- Kirkwood Gardens showcase beautiful plants for thousands of visitors
- Squam Lake Cruises captivate locals and tourists alike with loons, bald eagles, and stunning scenery
- 50,000-plus visitors – families, adults, children – get nearer to nature on the live animal exhibit trail (including the new Coyote Exhibit) and in educational programs taught year round by our expert naturalists
- Blue Heron School, our nature-based Montessori early learning center, inspires the next generation of youngsters with love for the natural world
Of course, all these wonderful things take money . . . and then there is overhead like electricity, animal care essentials, vehicle upkeep, and other general operating costs that the Annual Fund – and support from people like you – helps to pay for each year.
Your gift makes these special things, and more, possible. Please show your support today and make a donation using the form below or print and mail your annual fund donation. Thank you on behalf of the board and staff.
You can also make a recurring gift to the Annual Fund. This is a way for you to make a larger gift, spread throughout the year through monthly or quarterly donations. It is convenient for you and provides dependable support for Squam Lakes Natural Science Center. Your donation will be billed to your credit card and automatically renew each year. Once a year, we will send you a record of your giving history for tax purposes and give you an opportunity to update your pledge amount and account information. Of course, you can change or cancel your payments at any time although there is a minimum donation of $10 per donation and a 30-day notice to cancel your authorization. Recurring credit card deductions are a simple way to make a stretch gift to the Annual Fund that feels easy. Fill out this form once and we will do the rest. You can choose monthly or quarterly tax-deductible contributions to support general operations.
The IRS and the State of New Hampshire recognize Squam Lakes Natural Science Center as a 501(c) (3) non-profit organization. Our federal tax identification number is 02-0271824. Unrestricted contributions are tax deductible to the extent the law allows. Donors to the Annual Fund will be listed in the Annual Report unless requested otherwise.
Gifts will be listed in the following categories:
Benefactor $10,000 and above
Leader $5,000 - 9,999
Partner $2,500 - 4,999
Patron $1,000 - 2,499
Associate $500 - 999
Sponsor $250 - 499
Supporter $100 - 249
Colleague Up to $99
For more information about Annual Fund Gifts please contact Janet Robertson, Development and Communications Director at 603-968-7194 x12 or Janet.Robertson@nhnature.org.