Dinner and Sunset Cruise
|July 23 and July 30:||Thursdays, dinner at 4:30 p.m., cruise departs at 6:30 p.m.|
Enjoy a delicious, fixed-price dinner* at Walter's Basin Restaurant, followed by a sunset cruise on Squam Lake. Learn about the natural history, wildlife, and people of Squam Lake and delight in the natural world’s beauty as twilight falls.
Dinner and Sunset Cruise is $55.00 per person; not recommended for children
The Dinner and Sunset Cruise is 90 minutes in length. Squam Lake Cruises are on canopied pontoon boats. Binoculars are available for wildlife viewing at no additional cost.
Advance reservations are strongly recommended.
Each boat has a maximum passenger capacity set by NH Marine Patrol. Space on all cruises is limited. Seats are guaranteed for those making advance reservations and payment. Other space is available on a first come, first serve basis. Reserve online or call 603-968-7194 x 7 for tickets.
Cancellations: Ours and Yours
Cruises may be cancelled if we do not have a minimum of two passengers. The Science Center may also decide to cancel a cruise at any time due to weather, unsafe conditions, or other circumstances at our discretion. We will use our best judgement to ensure the safety of our passengers, Tour Captains, and boats. If we cancel a cruise we will contact passengers to reschedule on another date or to issue a full refund. If passengers need to cancel for any reason, please call the Science Center at 603-968-7194 x 7 to reschedule or request a full refund. If passengers cancel at least 90 minutes prior to the start of the cruise and contact the Science Center, payments will be refunded in full. If passengers cancel within 90 minutes of the start of the cruise, payments will not be refunded.
*Sample Dinner Menu:
Appetizer for two, choice of:
- Mussels - sauteed onions, garlic, shallot and leeks, simmered in a white wine and butter sauce
- Crab Cakes - pan fried crab cakes with chipotle aioli
- Shrimp Cocktail
Entree, choice of:
- Garlic Teriyaki Glazed Steak Tips - grilled steak tips with a garlic teriyaki glaze, served with mashed potato and vegetable
- Pan-Fried Trout - pan-fried Rainbow Trout, with blueberry butter, served with orzo and vegetable
- Chicken Francaise - egg battered chicken served with a white wine, lemon, and butter sauce served over linguine
- Wild Mushroom and Walnut Ravioli Sautee - wild mushroom raviolis sauteed with garlic, mushrooms, and walnuts, topped with shaved parmesan cheese
Dessert: Seasonal Chef's choice
*Tax and gratuity included. Alcoholic beverages not included. Chef reserves the right to change the menu at any time.