Know Before You Go
last updated 5/1/22
Please review the information on this page before your visit as conditions may change.
Before Your Visit
- Trail capacity is limited. Morning sessions tend to be busier than afternoon admission blocks (after 12:30 p.m.) We encourage all visitors, including members, to plan ahead and make ticket reservations online for a specific date and time. Members must show their membership card upon arrival.
- Reserving and purchasing tickets online ahead of time GUARANTEES admission for the day and time you choose to visit. During some peak times - especially during the morning - walk-in tickets may not be available.
- See the Hours and Admission page for details about special admission.
- Please come prepared. We are a carry in/carry out facility. Remember that food and drink (except for water) are not allowed on the animal exhibit trail for the safety of our animals.
On the Trail
- Please follow a one-way path on the live animal exhibit trail.
- A small number of picnic tables are available for guests to use in our Picnic Area. Food is not available onsite. Tables are also available at Kirkwood Gardens.
Squam Lake Cruises
- Dress appropriately for the weather and remember it is cooler on the lake. Be prepared for rain.
- We do not offer trail and lake cruise combination tickets.
- Private Charters are a great way to see Squam Lake with your family group.
Frequently Asked Questions
After I purchase my reservation and enter, will my time be limited or restricted?
Will you be open if it is raining?
We are committed to the enjoyment and safety of our visitors, volunteers, staff and animals. Please help us keep everyone safe by following the posted instructions and following directions from our staff. There is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. By visiting Squam Lakes Natural Science Center, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.